Blueberries are a healthy snack for both large and small dogs as they are a great source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and more. Most dogs love them, but feeding blueberries to your dog in moderation is important. Treats of any kind should only make up 10% of your dog’s overall diet, with the other 90% coming from well-balanced dog food. So, can dogs eat blueberries?
Let’s dive in.
Yes, dogs can eat blueberries. Blueberries are a great source of, minerals, antioxidants, and more. This fruit is a healthy snack for large and small dogs; most pups love it.
Are Blueberries Good for Dogs?
Yes, blueberries are good for dogs. They are a healthy low-calorie treat that contains antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins C and K, which support the immune system and contribute to overall health. Most dogs love them and they are safe for dogs to eat in moderation (source
Feeding Your Dog Blueberries
When feeding your dog blueberries, it is important to do so in moderation. You can feed your dog fresh, frozen, mashed, or dried blueberries. It is recommended to give your dog blueberries without the stems and to wash them thoroughly before feeding. You can also mix blueberries into your dog’s regular food or use them as training treats. About 10 blueberries are an appropriate amount for most small dog breeds
Consult your veterinarian if you have questions or concerns about feeding blueberries to your dog, and monitor your dog closely after giving it as a treat for the first time.